21st January 2019
Winter fuel grants 2018-19
What are UNISON There for You Winter Fuel Grants?
In addition to our normal range of services and in response to the growing difficulty many members on low income are experiencing paying their fuel bills, a programme has been put in place that will assist our most vulnerable members.
How much are the Grants?
They are one-off grants of up to £60 per household.
Am I eligible?
- You must be a UNISON member and have paid 4 weeks subscriptions before the launch date of this programme (3/12/18)
- Have a total net annual household income of £18,000 or less. (Note: By ‘net income’ we mean all salary including your partner's after tax, national insurance, superannuation and trade union subscriptions only. Your calculation should include any Tax Credits, Universal Credit or child maintenance received. Do not include Child Benefit, the childcare element of Working Tax Credit, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.
- You are responsible for meeting the household fuel bills and are struggling financially
Is there anything else that may affect my entitlement to apply?
- You and your partner (if applicable) must not have combined savings, or rolling bank balance, of more than £800.
- You must not have received financial assistance from UNISON There for You during the previous six months (excluding School Uniform Grant)
- Applications are limited to one per household and priority is given to those who have not previously applied for the Winter fuel grant
How do I apply?
To apply for a Winter Fuel Grant simply:
- Print out and complete the short 1-page application form from our website www.unison.org.uk/thereforyou ; or
- Contact UNISON Direct on 0800 0857 857 between 6am-midnight Monday-Friday and 9am-4pm Saturday for a form to be posted to you
For more information:
See our website at https://www.unison.org.uk/news/article/2018/12/winter-fuel-grants/